About Marc Jones
Heavily influenced by the latest research in understanding pain, and the traditional work of former British osteopath and physician Dr Alan Stoddard, Marc is a Clinical Osteopath from the UK with an honours degree in Osteopathy and a Master’s degree (with distinction) in Advanced Professional Practice (Clinical Sciences).
Typical to what you might experience in the UK, Marc offers a "no-nonsense" approach comprising of his original Osteopathic degree, three decades of healthcare practice, and our latest understandings of how pain, movement and postures really work (which is not what you may think and what everyone may keep telling you) through his expert level research and practice studies.
If you enjoy integrated biomechanical and manipulative treatments, unique pain and movement self-help ideas, and a healthy dose of simply-explained understanding, Marc specialises in the original musculoskeletal osteopathy backed up with the best current evidence-based practice in pain and movement to help you get back to doing what you enjoy the most.
Marc does not use "laying on of hands" techniques such as visceral or cranio-sacral therapy.
Select items from Marc Jones CV and history:
- Osteopathic (honours) degree, London, England 1995
- Master of Science degree with distinction in Advanced Professional Practice (Clinical Sciences) specialising in the neurophysiology of pain, functional movement and the biopsychosocial model of pain, Bournemouth, England 2019
- Founding director Osteopathy BC (2005)
- 80% general osteopathic practice (including acute and chronic pain and preventative practice); 20% sports injury specialisations (including professional artistes and athletes of UK athletics, swimming, English rugby, professional soccer, Cirque du Soleil, National Ecole du CIrque, gymnasts, dance troops, equestrians and international polo players, junior international tennis players, stunt men and women, among many others)
- Former lecturer in anatomy & kinesiology and multi-sport coach in swimming, life-saving, kettlebells, weight-training, fitness, MovNat, tennis
- Former UK top 50 ranked 100m track sprinter, county athletics captain and medallist, and competing in British Athletics League
- Tennis coach and player in UK Closed Master's grass court championships at Wimbledon and clay court championships at Bournemouth, county representative at Master's level
- A huge fan of his home-town football team, Liverpool FC
"You don't need to be perfect,
you only need to be good."
Marc Jones, Osteopathic Pain & Movement Specialist (UK)